MarkMonitor
 

MarkMonitor is the global leader in online brand protection. Experts in Domain Management, Anti Counterfeiting, Anti Piracy, Partner Compliance, and anti-Phishing.
 

Modern design philosophy

New philosophy and workflow exploration for the MarkMonitor Brand Protection product line.

Redefining the approach

Taking a step back to apply a set of rules that act as a foundation to how and why we make decisions at the design level is part of the challenge to successfully executing a fresh vision for the future. Defining how we are inspired and what may lie at the core of that foundation. The website mockup links above and below in PDF form illustrate some of the thinking our team believes in that help structure our design philosophy foundation.

A fresh approach to a well invested UX and UI

The Adobe, the software company, is one of the largest clients MarkMonitor currently supports on their legacy system. The Legacy system (V1) was designed many years ago and has many visible user interface faults.  LeapFrog (V2), shown below, the system that has taken three years to achieve parity with the Legacy system is currently under a massive client migration. Currently, 5% of all clients have migrated to the new LeapFrog  Platform. Over the course of the next three quarters of the year, the rest of the 95% hope to be migrated by Q1 2020.

 

Shown below is the New V2 Leapfrog platform.

Review Basic - Dark Copy.png

Shown below is the New Future State V3 in both Light/Dark UI

Review Basic - Light.png
Review Basic - Dark.png

Workflow relocation in the UI

One large change to the analyst's experience is the repositioning of the workflow that allows the analyst to move from the scan creation, results review, enforcement aspects of the workflow. As you can see below, there's been a repositioning of the existing drop-down menu based workflow into a tab-based workflow that is more obvious and integrated into the system. We felt as though a relocation of the workflow that draws more attention to its importance and to the left to the right process of the workflow made more sense to the persona.

Shown below is the V2 Leapfrog dropdown menu workflow.

Review Basic - Workflow 1.1.png

Shown below is the Future State V3 workflow

Review Basic - Workflow 1.2.png

Tools, toolbars, and tool managment

In addition to a reconfiguration of the workflow for the analysts we've begun to take a deeper look at the right click solution available to analysts on their the right click solution available to analysts on their Mouse. The right click menu has turned into a dumping ground random features, expanded feature sets, and orphaned features. Additionally, the right click menu is used repeatedly during the day as the analyst us PCs.

 

We tried to take a comprehensive look at how analyst use their software tools in addition to other third-party tools and I've decided to take a minimalist approach to the right-click and further extract tools from the right click menu into a more visible aspect of the platform as a toolbar.

Shown below is the V2 Leapfrog dropdown menu workflow.

Review Basic - Workflow 2.1.png

Shown below is the Future State V3 workflow

Review Basic - Workflow 2.2.png
Review Basic - Workflow 2.3.png

Workflow relocation in the UI

The image View mode is  1 aspect of the workflow process afforded to analyst to visually inspect and confirm suspected fraudulent products in an online Marketplace harvested from the previous day. The ability to look at suspected fraudulent products in both a data grid environments with supporting data as well as a large format high resolution environment is critical to analysts abilities to confirm products are in fact fraudulent before going into the enforcement stage of the process.

Shown below is the V2 Leapfrog dropdown menu workflow.

Review Basic - Workflow 3.1.png

Shown below is the Future State V3 workflow

Review Basic - Workflow 3.3.png
Review Basic - Workflow 3.2.png
Feature managment via a new "Blade" management tool system.

Below are the different balde managment tool screens for the various features like search, favorites, and filters.

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 12.21.21 PM.pn
Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 12.20.52 PM.pn
Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 12.21.45 PM.pn

MCDT is a Design and UX Consultancy
 

© 2012-2016 

MCDT Consulting